compensation

iqs 18:33 08 Mar 11

HI,

I,m not sure if this is allowed in this forum,but I'm seeking advice on these no-win no-fee companies.More so how to find a repeatable company

A few years ago I had a work related accident,the problem has been intermittent since then.
The past week the problem has returned with a vengeance .
I am currently undergoing tests to identify what the problem is and how itwas caused,and the treatment .

From what my Dr has said,it could be a problem which cannot be cured,and I must live with it .

If this is the case,I would be seeking compensation to cover possible private treatment etc etc.

If I cant prove the injury was work related,then thats it,but if it was...

So how do I find a company initially to discus my options, and one that wont say in the first sentence you will win loads of money.

Thanks

iqs 18:34 08 Mar 11

sorry reputable company

mobileman1953 18:36 08 Mar 11

if you qualify for legal aid go to a high street solicitor for advice, they deal in work related claims and sometimes the first consultation is free

sunnystaines 18:40 08 Mar 11

i think it is in the last 3 years.

try here

click here

jakimo 19:26 08 Mar 11

Perhaps you should wait until it is medically proven that your condition is the result of your injury.
You would need a consultants opinion before any compensation action could be taken.

Forum Editor 19:42 08 Mar 11

then that's it."

Precisely. In order to take a matter like this further you'll need a medical opinion as to the probable cause of whatever it is you're suffering from.

Any lawyer will tell you that, and might also advise you that it can be very difficult to attribute causes in many cases. You say that you had a work-related accident 'a few years ago', so you'll need to be able to provide a medical opinion that might connect the accident to what's happening now.

It's often complicated, and none of us are qualified to offer legal advice. A good place to start if you're not sure is The Law Society - they have a searchable database of solicitors, and there's helpful advice on their website .

Kevscar1 07:03 09 Mar 11

and you need to realise that the process will drag on for a number of years.

carver 07:40 09 Mar 11

If it is a condition that relates and is a direct result to a previous injury then you will have 3 years from finding out about it before your time expires to bring a case.

Do not rush into any agreement with any Law Firm based on a TV advert.

BT 08:28 09 Mar 11

Do you still work for the Company?
Are you a member of a Union, if so that's your first port of call.

spuds 13:37 09 Mar 11

BT seems to have asked the correct questions, and it might pay to answer them?.

Taking this from another route, check out you local solicitors, because quite a number offer a first consultation free, with the possibility of No Win- No Fee arrangement, should they consider the case winnable.

Many years ago, I had a bit of an accident resulting in hospitalisation. The solicitor I consulted stated that he would take the case on, but it soon began to show that his expertise wasn't in industrial claims. So select the right person- company for the job.

A neighbour of mine also made an industrial claim, via his union. It turned out very expense, very time consuming and he also had quite a number of long distance travel arrangements, so as to see the 'right person or consultants'. In the end, he won his case, but that was only by his employers insurance company agreeing a settlement on the day of the court case was due to take place.

BT 16:28 09 Mar 11

Re your last point about employers settling at the last moment.
I have known this happen a couple of times and in both cases the Company insisted on a 'non disclosure' agreement as part of the settlement. In other words the person involved wasn't allowed to give any indication of the size or conditions of the settlement. Both cases were pursued via the Union.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…