Compare and Contrast

interzone55 13:13 16 Apr 09

Chef jailed for 20 weeks for causing £9k of damage to a ferarri
click here

Jack Tweed only gets 12 weeks for assaulting a taxi driver
click here

It just goes to show the courts value property over people...

crosstrainer 13:21 16 Apr 09

..errr your first link is an article about pigs :)) Take your point though, problem is, courts are instructed to take into account "Mitigating circumstances" Jade Goody's death, was the obvious reason for the (far too short) sentence.

interzone55 13:23 16 Apr 09

click here

(copy & paste going wild I think...)

Quickbeam 13:25 16 Apr 09

crosstrainer 13:26 16 Apr 09

I suppose a car is an inanimate object, but the poor old taxi driver who was in fear of his life is (understandably) disgusted by the sentence.

British justice at it's worst I'm afraid. JK does like his cars though.

Forum Editor 19:47 16 Apr 09

It wasn't just the damage to the Ferrari that resulted in the 20 week sentence - the man had also failed to answer bail, and did a runner from both a bed and breakfast and a restaurant without paying.

interzone55 20:02 16 Apr 09

Yes, but he'd not physically harmed anyone, unlike Jack Tweed, who only gets 12 weeks for a second offence...

Chegs ®™ 08:16 17 Apr 09

Years ago,I was present in a court when a guy was on trial for beating someone over the head with a brick & received a fine...a few minutes later another guy who had pushed a bus conductor off the step of the bus while drunk got a 6mth sentence.There are many more cases where the sentence does not fit the crime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…