Commercial Efficiency

flycatcher1 18:56 21 Sep 11

The refridgerated meat section of the Delicatessen in our local Waitrose failed ten days ago.

Head Office say that it will be fixed in six weeks.

Words fail me!

oresome 19:14 21 Sep 11

I presume the meat contains preservatives so there's no hurry.

Aitchbee 20:34 21 Sep 11

This is what is known as a cooling off period...

wiz-king 05:42 22 Sep 11

A sign of the times - slow food is all the rage now.

But seriously - commercial equipment is not stocked, it is made to order and not allways in this country. They may have decided a new unit is needed and it might have to be made and shipped in from Italy or Poland.

flycatcher1 23:08 22 Sep 11

wiz-king I think that you are correct but I am still at a loss to understand why the shop can lose the particular delicatessen trade for that length of time. At busy times two assistants were working flat out to cope with the queue of customers. The financial loss must be considerable.

I know that I said "Words fail me" but...........................

spuds 00:28 23 Sep 11

Talking about the refrigeration unit at the deli counter. About a year ago our local Tesco superstore had the misfortune of having a trolley collide with the glass display section, and the glass simply shattered. Seeing the clean-up exercise that went into that operation was no mean task, and all the display stock must have been ruined. Fair dues to the store and the glass suppliers, the unit was back in action the next day.

The crazy thing though, was that this section use to have a chromed protection bar at trolley height in front of the display unit, possibly as an health and safety risk, and the bar had been removed previously before the incident and as never been replaced.

flycatcher1 19:15 25 Sep 11

An update - A large Chill Unit has now failed.

A member of the Staff remarked that the delay in repair would not happen at M&S.

flycatcher1 23:10 04 Oct 11

Good news - all systems go at the weekend. Now for some real Black Pudding - yum yum.

badgery 08:55 05 Oct 11

Phew, thank goodness that chill cabinet is working again, one less thing for us all to worry about along with unemployment, loss of savings, the economy, fuel bills etc etc!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017