Comment on Gatick flight info

SparkyJack 14:04 07 Oct 11

Being due to meet folk this afternoon incoming to Gatwick- I tuned to Teletext to check the flight arrival time - only to find Gatwick no longer make this information available to the BBC.

Why I wondered? A guess could be the BBC need paying and the new owner do not want to pay.

SO resort to the internet.

Google arrivals- Gatwick and up came a site with the flight listed.

However to proceed I had to navigate one of those two word puzzlements. No once but ten times, each time be presented with another.

So in frustration I closed that site off and clicked on the same site previously bookmarked.. A completely different presentation came to screen and entering the fight number etc., gave an instant response. Strange or what.

barmybuckle 14:15 07 Oct 11

Why didn't you just go to Gatwicks official website?

tullie 16:08 07 Oct 11

Exactly!

Woolwell 16:53 07 Oct 11

I have relatives who regularly arrive at Gatwick and I use Gatwick. I go straight to this site Gatwick Flight Arrivals for flight arrivals (Gatwick's own site). No word puzzles as far as I am aware.

Forum Editor 18:49 07 Oct 11

There is a very useful site that links you to arrivals and departures information for all the main UK airports.

SparkyJack 19:51 07 Oct 11

This is the one that I selected- is it not the'Official site?

http://www.gatwickairport.com/flights/arrivals/

SparkyJack 19:52 07 Oct 11

Thank you FE for that link = now bookmarked

Woolwell 20:52 07 Oct 11

SparkyJack - that is the official site and is the same as the link that I gave. I don't understand why you had problems initially.

birdface 21:21 07 Oct 11

Tried teletext for Heathrow a fortnight ago and there was nothing listed at all.

luton last week said the flight was running 30 minutes late and it arrived 30 minutes early.

I will try FE selection the next time. That will be This Tuesday at Birmingham just to see how I get on.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Honor 5X review: Hands-on with the new budget phone from Hauwei's young brand

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…