Columbo RIP

Colonel Graham 23:23 24 Jun 11

Peter Falk has died BBC I am a big fan. I never knew he only had one eye.

Condom 23:56 24 Jun 11

The problem with TV today is that so many channels are showing repeats all the time that you sometimes forget that programs haven't been made for many years. I think Columbo was like this so you always imagined that he was not as old as he really was. I must also say that the missing eye was also a surprise to me. He had a good innings so perhaps he might now be on the trail of some who got away years ago.

Autoschediastic 01:53 25 Jun 11

Graham i am a fan of him! in fact i am just about to watch "Murder by death" a true legend of a film! god bless him...

Quickbeam 09:00 25 Jun 11

TV criminals of the world will be sighing with relief...

Coloumbo was always a safe bet for when there was nothing on for over 40 years. Testimony to his popularity.

Quickbeam 09:05 25 Jun 11

...and one more thing...

We can't not say that in this post can we?

JanetO 10:12 25 Jun 11

Flak was a close friend of John Cassavetes, as well as Patrick Mcgoohan. He used to entertain his mates by plucking out his glass eye and rolling it across the table.

Thankfully Bing Crosby was too busy playing golf when he was approached to play Columbo.

He had developed Alzheimer's later in life and couldn't recall having played the detective for thirty-plus years.

Sad, but I'll still enjoy watching his repeats.

JanetO 10:13 25 Jun 11

I wish there was an edit button. Falk.

Quickbeam 10:15 25 Jun 11

Only if can't you handle the flak...

Strawballs 18:12 25 Jun 11

I like the fact that Patrick Mcgoohan played a secret service agent in one of the earlier ones where they made him up to look old and when he was twice in the newer ones (funeral director and senators aid) he looked exactly as they had made him up all those years earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…