Colin McRae

Chegs ®™ 22:19 15 Sep 07

I've just heard the radio news,seems his helicopter has crashed in scotland.If he HAS been killed,its a real loss as he was a very humourous thoroughly nice guy, who also possessed an extremely good ability to drive very fast off-road.

click here

cream. 22:25 15 Sep 07

I hope he has not been involved in the accident. Fantastically brilliant and brave driver and seems to be an absolute great guy.

xclr8r 22:45 15 Sep 07

The WRC does not seem to get much tv coverage now on ITV, but to be honest it has been lacking something since Colin McRae lost his seat a few years ago. It will be a sad loss if he was on board the helicopter, and although it does not look good at the moment, I will be keeping my fingers crossed that he is safe.

Kev.Ifty 23:17 15 Sep 07

Colin McRae is probably the first British driver that most people think of at the mention of Rally Motor Sport.

He will be greatly missed.

Best wishes to his family....

Forum Editor 23:42 15 Sep 07

that the authorities have not formally identified the victim or victims involved in this accident. The helicopter is so badly damaged that it hasn't yet been possible to determine how many people may have been aboard, let alone who they were.

Condolences, though undoubtedly well-meant, are therefore premature.

45 Mart 23:58 15 Sep 07
  Main Access 00:01 16 Sep 07

Strathclyde Police said the Squirrel aircraft was believed to be owned by Colin McRae, 39, who is thought to have been onboard.

The police wouldn't issue such a statment if they were not sure.

A sad loss to the motor racinf world.

irishrapter 00:29 16 Sep 07

To make matters worse the times is reporting that his five year old son was on board. click here

brundle 02:38 16 Sep 07

I am hoping the worst is not confirmed, Richard Burns comes to mind, another very talented British rally driver.

techie4me 08:23 16 Sep 07

Mcrae is sadly dead as is his 5 year old son.
A very sad day not just for the Mcrae Family but also Rallying.

Al94 14:07 16 Sep 07

Seems a 6 year old friend of the son was also on board - all very sad. It brings back memories of the time another well know rally driver Bertie Fisher died in a helicopter crash in Northern Ireland along with a son and daughter. This was in 2001, also near his home and also a Squirrel aircraft.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…