Cold Duck

Graham. 23:24 11 Oct 09

Not Cold Turkey. I have some very tasty roast duck left over from Sunday lunch. I would welcome suggestions to put it to good use for tea tomorrow.

knockin on 23:32 11 Oct 09

why not eat it?

Forum Editor 00:34 12 Oct 09

and eat it with a salad composed of leaves of your choice with very thin slices of orange mixed in, and a light olive oil dressing.

If you like you can add a portion of freshly fried game chips and a bottle of good Merlot.

Bon app├ętit.

Quickbeam 00:34 12 Oct 09

Duck soup... not the 1933 movie click here I did it one year at C....mas with a goose carcase. It worked just as well, only I called it goose soup:)

OTT_Buzzard 00:48 12 Oct 09

I'm liking the thought of FE's suggestion, but would add pomegranate.

Forum Editor 00:50 12 Oct 09

Yes, pomegranate would work well in moderation.

Graham. 08:48 12 Oct 09

Salad with orange it is. Thank you.

wee eddie 12:46 12 Oct 09

Spring Onions and Plum Sauce ~ You can roll it up in a fancy pancake if you wish

interzone55 13:01 12 Oct 09

Two slices of thick, white bread
Butter
Plum Chutney
Sliced Duck
salad leaves of your choice

Butter both slices of bread
place the chutney, duck & leaves between the bread
eat...

morddwyd 15:32 12 Oct 09

The FE's suggestion of serving with orange reminds me of a time when I ordered Duck a l'Orange in a restaurant where all the evidence was that I was being a bit overambitious.

What arrived was a couple of slices of duck which had come straight from a catering pack in the freezer by way of the microwave over which a tin of mandarins had been emptied.

Ever since then I've preferred my duck a la Chinoise!

Bingalau 16:57 12 Oct 09

This thread brought to mind the old saying in our house when we asked "What's for tea Ma?" and she would answer "Duck under the table". Which meant "Not very much".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac