Clocks go back this weekend

anchor 10:36 23 Oct 08

Dark evenings ahead.

In case anyone has forgotten, the clocks go back this Sunday 26 October @ 02:00 BST (01:00 GMT).

My PC changes automatically, but I always forget to change something.

Seth Haniel 10:51 23 Oct 08

Saturday night ........ whoopee

Barnacarry 11:58 23 Oct 08

I'm working a night shift on Saturday night/Sunday morning, like a lot of other people, and it's always nice to hear how everyone will enjoy their 'extra' hour in bed.

sunny staines 12:07 23 Oct 08

thanks i was wondering when it was due.

Demora 12:34 23 Oct 08

Just try telling my cats and dog that!!!! It takes ages to get them into knowing that 'Teatime' is 5.30pm not 4.30.

D

Seth Haniel 12:36 23 Oct 08

i'll think about you as I turn over for the umpteenth time :)

Clapton is God 12:42 23 Oct 08

"i was wondering when it was due"

Same 'date' as ever - the last Sunday in October.

Picklefactory 12:43 23 Oct 08

Cheers
I often forget. I'm not a great news watcher or radio listener, so tend to miss all the nudges from TV/radio. Still play Sunday morning football and even after all these years, it's still not uncommon for me to turn up 1hr early this end of season (Wondering if game has been called off as no-one is there) and just in time for 2nd half at the other end of the season when clocks go forward again.
Doh!!!!

Quickbeam 13:11 23 Oct 08

Time we stopped doing it and remained on BST. There's no reason why Scotland which would suffer most from remaining on BST cannot have a winter time zone on GMT. We manage to keep intouch with other countries with different timezones, so Scotland shouldn't pose to great a problem...

anchor 13:22 23 Oct 08

Quickbeam; I agree with you.

Those of us with a long memory may recall that between 1939 and 1945 all Britain adopted Double British Summer Time, with the clocks one hour ahead of GMT in winter and two hours ahead in summer.

More information about changing the clocks:

click here

Quickbeam 13:46 23 Oct 08

BST all year round was trialled in the late '60s for a couple of winters. At the time I was schooling in Scotland and remember that we didn't get daylight until 10:30, morning break time. That was really depressing... maths in the dark!

Another argument used was that the evening child road accident rate would fall. But in Scotland it just moved from the evening to the morning, no change in statistics:(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced