Climate change Experiment

immer 16:05 27 Feb 06

I would like to know if anyone else is trying to join in with the climate change experiment link up via the BBC. I would be interested to know how people are getting on. One of my PC's says its 5.8% of the task progressed. Are there any virus or nasty things that could happen via this.....
Immer

bluto1 23:03 27 Feb 06

This subject has already been mooted on this forum, so don`t be surprised if you don`t get too many answers.

Chegs ®™ 00:54 28 Feb 06

If your CPU cooling is adequate(cos it runs at 100%)then nothing untoward will occur.I've run it now 24/7 for the last couple of weeks.

rmcqua 09:50 28 Feb 06

Chegs
If your CPU is running at 100% then I don't think the climate change program is causing it. The program uses very little processor power on my machine. I have reached 6.5% completion.

rmcqua 09:51 28 Feb 06

...on the other hand, maybe I don't have it configured correctly and maybe it should be using more of my processor power. Any ideas?

immer 10:54 28 Feb 06

Thanks bluto1 , what was the subject header that mooted it please. I tried "climate" & "BBC" on search forum but couldn't find anything.....

freaky 11:22 28 Feb 06

I posted a Topic on this last week in Speakers Corner see "Help the BBC using your PC".

You need to set the default setting to 'Use all the time' - otherwise you will not process much data.

Got it running on 3 PC's here, and it causes no apparent slowing down of the machines.

Starfox 11:26 28 Feb 06

click here

Is this is the thread you were looking for?

immer 10:50 02 Mar 06

Ha Ha !
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…