`click here` within a thread

futurhead 22:17 19 Apr 05

this may seem a stupid question but how do i add a click here within a thread. most people here seem to do it often..

why is there no kind of guide on posting threads, i.e `click here` or adding pictures. This may seem simple to old hands at forums but us newbies don`t have a clue ...(alright i dont)

p.s i don`t have any exciting links to show you all is just for future reference..

stalion 22:22 19 Apr 05

just copy and paste the url address here and it is automatically changed for you also you can not post pics on here
Regards

Totally-braindead 22:23 19 Apr 05

The way I normally do it is to open another windows explorer window, go to the website I want to point the people to and then just copy and paste it into the thread.

futurhead 22:24 19 Apr 05

ah simple as that . thanks .

futurhead 22:29 19 Apr 05

just to try this out

any one into F1 try this . found it earlier

click here

Forum Editor 23:20 19 Apr 05

to forum use and etiquette futurhead, and I've taken the liberty of sending you a copy - some of it might prove helpful.

dan11 23:40 19 Apr 05

right first time. :-) well done.

To post a picture, I use photo impression 4, free with most epson printers. click here This captures the immage on the screen.

I then edit the picture in adobe photoshop ( you can do the same in paint). Then resize it. click here

The image is then ready to up-load to the web.

ImageShack is easy to use. click here Browse for the image, click here and then pick host it.

Double click on the thumbnail. click here and a fresh window will appear with the finished image in.

Right click the url, copy it and then paste it in your thread. click here

result > one nice piccy.

dan11 23:44 19 Apr 05

Right click the url, copy it and then paste it in your thread. click here

Some times you have to work on it. :-(

lol

Dan the Doctus 12:50 20 Apr 05

Useful tip: if you ever have problems clicking on a link you can simply drag and drop it into the address bar. This works for IE but not sure about other browsers.

Curio 14:19 20 Apr 05

By George - He's got it!

mcds01 16:22 20 Apr 05

also works in good old firefox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…