Click Here

Praxis99 20:18 06 Feb 05

There's a lot to be said for keeping things brief, however a personal dislike of mine is when I see a response of 'click here' where there is no reference as to why you should click here.

I realise I am no doubt setting myself up for a series of click here responses but I for one would personally appreciate a little more info as to the source of info I am been pointed at.

stalion 20:22 06 Feb 05

appreciate your point it's mostly done to save time and the sites pointed to are safe and self explanatory

VoG II 20:33 06 Feb 05

Sorry but all the sites that I link to are perfectly safe. It is all done to save time and an unnecessary amount of waffle.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:38 06 Feb 05

Me too, I only ever link to sites I believe to be safe e.g. click here

VoG II 20:39 06 Feb 05

By the way, if you hover the cursor over click here you can see the address.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:55 06 Feb 05

Indeed, just hover over the click here

Praxis99 21:09 06 Feb 05

I think I have been misunderstood in that I am not worried about visiting some dodgy site (I've seen enough of them in my time, buts lets not go there!) but was making a personal point that its helpful if the reason why you should do so is put in some context e.g this site is a good source of info on... take a look at this article on site X which should help with your query.... and so on. It doesn't take long!

That said I hadn't realised the full address would be shown if you hover over the click here link so its no major big deal.

stalion 21:14 06 Feb 05

you have a good point in your post there are occasions when more dialogue is necessary and if that is the case we try to oblige

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…