Clegg on laws.

bri-an 11:54 19 May 10

He promised to ask the public "which laws you think should go" as they "tear through the statute book".

Now there's an offer - anyone got any 'laws' they want abolishing then?

lotvic 12:28 19 May 10

Oh 'eck, it's gonna take me ages to read through them all and decide :(

mr simon 13:04 19 May 10

As fourm member, but also Digital Economy Act.

Woolwell 17:48 19 May 10

The Licensing Act 2003 aims were a)to reduce crime and disorder; b) to encourage tourism; c) to reduce alcohol misuse; and d) to encourage self-sufficient rural communities. I don't think that it has achieved any of them. This is the act that brought in 24 hr drinking and also laid down conditions for entertainment in village halls etc. Some of it is good, some of it is poor. This act should go and be replaced by a better act that stops 24 hr drinking and relaxes the rules on entertainment licences for village and church halls.

Big L 266 17:49 19 May 10

Hello.

I'd like to see the Human Rights Act removed as it punished the innocent and rewards the guilty.

I'd also like to see the removal of the Act Of Parliament covering the 1974 agreement on the European Economic Community and the 2009 Treaty of Lisbon and have both of them consigned to the rubbish bin. In turn the electorate would have a vote on whether or not to stay in the E.U.

One last act...The Marine & Broadcasting Offences Act 1967 which outlawed 1960s offshore pirate radio stations like Radio London and Radio Caroline. Bring back pirate radio!

Big L 266

Woolwell 18:16 19 May 10

Here are some more laws to abolish click here

Pineman100 18:22 19 May 10

If you abolish the law that outlawed pirate radio stations, they won't be pirates any more. Where's the fun in that?!

I'd like to abolish the law that says only Freemen can drive their geese through the City of London.

My geese are getting fat and lazy.

birdface 18:33 19 May 10

Abolish Speed Camera's.
Just a wild guess if 70% voted for that,Do you think they would remove them.
They want to cut down on DNA storage and surveillance cameras.

Everyone should be DNA tested and it would solve a lot of crimes.
If you have nothing to hide why worry.

jakimo 18:38 19 May 10

Mr Clegg is going to cause a lot of unrest in both Tory & Lib-Dem parties

Pineman100 18:39 19 May 10

But doesn't your principle also apply to speed cameras?

If you have nothing to hide, why worry?

Forum Editor 19:01 19 May 10

He'll settle down as the truth of what it means to be in government dawns on him, and he realises the problems that plagued the last government are still there, and still as hard to solve.

All new governments give off sparks to begin with, but the world is what it is, and fundamental changes don't happen overnight.

No doubt we'll see some laws repealed, but trust me - there'll be new ones coming along.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…