Clearing out the wardrobe...

Quickbeam 10:09 28 Dec 07

Well, it's one of those jobs you never feel like doing, but this morning I've grabbed the bull by the horns and emptied the wardrobe and chest o' drawers on to bed.

I find I'm only prepared to put about a third of the stuff back in... no flares, no belts that are several sizes too small, no now embarrassing printed shirts, sock with holes that should have been binned years ago, no once favouite items that haven't fitted me for decades etc, etc... I've now got years worth of garage rags to keep me going.

I'll have to go clothes shopping now, but I've found several new tee shirts that worked their way past the being bothered to look for something level!

Strange how women don't seem to find this situation occurring...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:00 28 Dec 07

Hmm .... thats one job I keep putting off.

Only throw somthing out when I can't get something new in but as I very rarely go clothes shopping thats not usually a problem.

Of course I will go on a diet and lose taht extra two inches and get back in those trousers / suit / jacket / shirt, so no good throwing them out just yet.

Kids gave me Next vochers LAST Christmas and are dragging me out to get some new (decent) clothes this afternoon.

Lokos like I will be sorting out the wardrobe tomorrow.

VideoSentry 14:50 28 Dec 07

I find that the Boss does it for Me and I only find out when I ask "Where is the blue shirt" or something that I have finally decided to wear again.
Though the cupboard under the stairs ( tools/spares/Where shall I keep this etc ) is getting hit tomorrow.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:28 28 Dec 07

Just got back!

Now I remember why I don't go shopping, wailing kids, raucous music in the shops, even worse music by the street players.

Battered and bruised on all sides by rude / mad shoppers fighting for the "bargains", ankles chaffed by pushchairs.

Somebody has changed all the routes in town, don't know how many times I went round the one way system.
Total lack of parking spaces and outrageous charges for 3 hrs parking. And to top it off a crazy drive home in the rush hour.

That's me done clothes shopping for the next 5 years.

:0)

laurie53 21:09 28 Dec 07

Ah! But did you get some clothes?

Bingalau 22:11 28 Dec 07

Fruit Bat /\0/\... You should have got enough to last you for life, because all those things, wailing kids; music; push chairs; parking places and charges will have increased in five years time... As for driving home.. forget it!

Bingalau 22:11 28 Dec 07

Fruit Bat /\0/\... You should have got enough to last you for life, because all those things, wailing kids; music; push chairs; parking places and charges will have increased in five years time... As for driving home.. forget it!

Bingalau 22:17 28 Dec 07

By the way, I remember when they never used to allow prams and pushchairs in to shops. Mums used to leave them outside. My wife went for a walk with our firstborn son (now 50 yrs old) in the pram and decided to pop into Woolworths for something or other. When she came out she saw a bus coming and jumped on it. It was only when she got home and her mother said "Where's the baby?" that she realised what she had done. Yes she had left the baby in the pram outside Woolworths. We have often laughed about it since and said what a mistake it was..... going back for him.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:03 28 Dec 07

laurie53

Yes got some clothes, spent all my vouchers.

Bingalau
M wife left the eldest in her pram (with dog tied to pram) outside CO-OP walk though store came out another entrance walked home, then realised she had forgotten something, 10 minutes later she remembered what she ad forgotten and ran the fastest mile back to the shop.

She said the dog just looked at her digusted when she finaly arrived back at the pram.

:0)

Bingalau 23:07 28 Dec 07

Fruit Bat /\0/\.. Maybe they are related? Seriously I suppose it must have happened plenty of times to plenty of different harassed (or as we say in Liverpool "arrished") mothers.

laurie53 07:26 29 Dec 07

We left ours outside Woolworth's too, 10 days old, now 45, and there were two of us! There is only one entrance so we must have walked straight past the poor little blighter!

Do that today and he'd be in care before you even got home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…