Clearing leaves

realist 22:30 16 Sep 07

We'll soon again be under a deluge of leaves.

Using a rake to clear them seems oh so last century.

If you live in a rural idyll how do you dispose of yours?

Anyone use one of those push ones like giant carpet sweepers?

namtas 23:02 16 Sep 07

yes, it is the most efficient method that I have found so far, and then compost them.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:17 16 Sep 07

Lasers click here

Water Jetting click here
click here

Earthsea 23:23 16 Sep 07

My garden's already inundated with leaves but my gardener uses one of those vacuum cleaner thingies which seems to work quite well.

wolfie3000 23:38 16 Sep 07

Chainsaw all the trees in a 500 meter radius of your garden, problem solved

spuds 23:41 16 Sep 07

We use to have a push type motorised leaf sweeper, which had the product name of Billy Goat.Still being made today. Great bit of kit, which we bought from an auction for £47.30. Sold that, then purchased a pull type that fitted behind a mini Westwood garden tractor. The Billy Goat was the best product for us, because it could be converted to do other cleaning up tasks. Disposal of leaves was by the old bonfire method, but be very careful if your area is classed as a smokeless regulation zone.Councils and Defra can get a little uppity.Composting is the better option, especially after a 5 years or more degrade.

Mentioning leaves, I felt rather sorry for a young female shop assistant the other day. The shop that she works for as just had double automatic doors installed. Outside the store are some tree's just beginning to lose their leaves. It appeared as though the leaves were making the doors open, and with every gust of wind, the leaves entered the shop.She being the youngest member of staff was on leave sweeping duties. My remark of "Wait till Autumn really starts" soon brought a slight cheeky grin and smile from her.

Brumas 23:41 16 Sep 07

Suppose you live in a Tree House? ;o)

Quickbeam 00:37 17 Sep 07

They don't bother me, they're part of the look of Autumn...

De Marcus™ 00:48 17 Sep 07

Leaves? Clearing your lawn? c'mon people!

De Marcus™ 00:54 17 Sep 07

It'll probably snow soon, I'll use salt and a snow shovel, what about you?

robgf 01:26 17 Sep 07

I just run the lawnmower over them, picks it up a treat.

De Marcus,
I usually roll a ball of snow along the path, it clears it and you get a snowman. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…