Clean joke.

nigg 21:03 28 Jun 06

Michael Owen was told that he would feel much better if he had a Cortisone injection.
David Beckham heard this and said " If he's having a new car then so am I".

Mr Mistoffelees 21:22 28 Jun 06

Are you suggesting that David Beckham may not be the sharpest tool in the Box?

johndrew 12:05 29 Jun 06

Are any of them?

rezeeg 12:58 29 Jun 06

johndrew they may not come top of Mensa but the 'brains' in their feet are earning a lot more than your or my brains.

semag 13:05 29 Jun 06

Dont ring us we'll ring you......

DrScott 13:45 29 Jun 06

who are truly intelligent are rarely exceptionally wealthy.

I do find it a slightly sad reflection on modern society that entertainers are so ludicrously rewarded, whilst most of those actually adding to knowledge and development are less so. But I'll still happily pay £8 to see a movie, and in so doing line the actors' pockets!

Input Overload 14:08 29 Jun 06

Maybe because they are intelligent they don't want to be wealthy?

johndrew 15:18 29 Jun 06

True, but do they really deserve it?

I tend to subscribe more actively to the post by DrScott. Having said that I would probably prefer a rugby union game to a movie.

rezeeg 15:50 29 Jun 06

johndrew if the punters are prepared to pay, then they deserve it.

You said that you "tend to subscribe more actively to the post by DrScott. DrScott said "But I'll still happily pay £8 to see a movie, and in so doing line the actors' pockets!"

QED

johndrew 15:53 29 Jun 06

rezeeg, punters pay for many things and not all are value for money.

I suggest you re-read my post and not quote me out of context.

SG Atlantis® 16:59 29 Jun 06

I don't mind paying a fiver to see a film but sports stars are paid far too much.

Each studio produces hundreds of films a year and only a few are blockbusters Lots more make losses than make profit so the blockbuster films sustain the studios. Granted some actors get paid huge amounts, but not all do.... and most are out of work more than they are in it.

Brad Pitt has been known to take a whopping pay cut when he throws himself into a project as do other actors.

Movies do a lot more for society than egotistical footballers with less than 2 brain cells to rub together.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…