classical songs

iqs 20:44 17 May 07

Hi, Can anyone tell the name/s of the groups/artists/record labels of classical music ,which has been rewritten/covered and performed by heavy metal groups please.Cheers

Totally-braindead 20:50 17 May 07

I can't.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:55 17 May 07

click here and I'll let you Google the rest.

G

wee eddie 21:42 17 May 07

Bee Bumble and the Stingers!

al7478 22:14 17 May 07

There is a guy called bumblefoot who is a guitarist who has done some Chopin and Rachmaninov(?) i believe, but i'm afraid you'll have to investigate further.

big bloke66 22:38 17 May 07

Nut rocker, i loved that tune when i was a kid !

Mike D 10:54 18 May 07

Well there was Fanfare for the Common Man by ELP, the Intermezzo from the Karelia Suite by Nice and the Cannon and Fugue thingy that used to be the wool advert that some group recently sang along to "All together now(?)". Yes used to do part of the Firebird Suite and of course Rick Wakeman produced a few variations on the classics.

Mike

Curio 14:29 18 May 07

Paganini Variations by Andrew Lloyd Webber stands out. Also done By Glen Miller and Benny Goodman, among others.

Bingalau 15:30 18 May 07

Curio. also done very well by the band of The Royal Marines.

iqs 11:36 19 May 07

thanks for all you replies.Cheers,:-)

IClaudio 19:42 21 May 07

ELP, Yes and Rick Wakeman - Heavy Metal?

Curio: That was Andrew's brother Julian, again hardly Heavy Metal, more like Light Classical, lol! As for the Band of the Royal Marines, yes, a lot of heavy metal there as far as the instruments are concerned...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…