Classic Rally

morddwyd 06:29 28 Jan 11

"Dozens of pre-1974 cars have set off from Glasgow as the city acts as one of several European starting points for the 2011 Monte Carlo Classic Rally."

click here

Yes they did, but no-one watching the BBC news report would have seen them, because all we got was the BBC's beloved "talking heads".

What is ir with this BBC obsession? Is it because their roots are in radio?

Would it have been so difficult to let the camera point over the presenter's shoulder and zoom onto the lovingly maintained classics in the background?

wiz-king 08:31 28 Jan 11

Sorry - no yoofs kicking a pigs bladder about = no story.

morddwyd 10:31 28 Jan 11

But it's not just sport is it?

Get a report from Glastonbury and while the main stage is about to move from it's mooring all the viewer can see is some airhead telling us how good it is, and having to talk extra loud to make sure that we can't hear for ourselves.

Get a fashion show from Milan and while the designers are strutting their stuff on the catwalk, we just get the head telling what will be selling next year.

Seth Haniel 10:41 28 Jan 11

can't let the music play in background etc,.

or the BBC policy - don't show what the paying public want ;)

spuds 11:30 28 Jan 11

I suppose its similar to standing outside of a police station, on a wet and cold miserable day, when a major criminal investigation is going on.

You cannot gain celebrity status, if the surrounding views, or the important parts are out of camera range, you should all know that?.

Legolas 13:16 28 Jan 11

I work just down the road from Blythswood Square where the rally was starting from and on my way home last night at about a quarter to five I got a close up of some of the cars waiting to take part, I am not really a race fan or a car fan but these classic cars these did look classy. click here

Chegs ®™ 15:11 30 Jan 11

Every July,we have a vintage rally which features not just classic cars but tractors,stationary engines etc and allows one to learn a little about each item on display.My favourite is a stationary engine that fires so slowly it's almost possible to read the information board between strokes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…