Clarkson and crew stoned in Argentina

bumpkin 21:03 03 Oct 14

Apparently for an inappropriate vehicle number plate click here BBC says it was coincidence only. A very strange coincidence to me that anyone would put that 45yr old registration on what appears to be a fairly new Porsche and then take it to Argentina.

bumpkin 21:42 03 Oct 14

Thanks Jock1e my link does not seem to work. The number plate was H982FKL if that is a British plate then it was issued 1969/1970.

bumpkin 21:53 03 Oct 14

Their idea of being funny or controversial in my opinion. What is wrong with normal plates, why use those.

Forum Editor 23:12 03 Oct 14

These people are a bunch of overgrown children, constantly looking for new ways to set other overgrown children sniggering.

Pretending that the number plate was a coincidence is an insult to the intelligence.

kad292 06:45 04 Oct 14

I dare them to go to Saudi Arabia or Iran and take the mick.

Al94 07:24 04 Oct 14

The car was first registered on 30 May 1991

Quickbeam 07:57 04 Oct 14

Who cares?

the.hick 08:05 04 Oct 14

I just looked at the new DVLA website, to do a 'Vehicle Inquiry' on the Porsche, but failed to locate the relevant page. I have previously used it to see if my old motorcycles were still around or in use. Last time I looked, a 1956 BSA I owned in 1967 was still 'taxed' and in use! However, from A194's posting earlier, it seems it is there somewhere. I shall look again.

john bunyan 08:21 04 Oct 14

I agree with FE. Clarkson and his team , clever as they may be, and he is an amusing writer, strike me as a group of the most immature and childish,"Public School" 6th formers. I cannot understand the popularity of Top Gear; they seem only to try cars that few can afford, and enjoy destruction - their snooty attitude to caravaners was typical of their childishness, finally setting a caravan on fire. The Argentine episode typifies their judgement as did Clarkson's humming a non PC Nursery rhyme. About time he retired to his Cotswold estate (if his wife will put up with him)

morddwyd 08:48 04 Oct 14

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

(He used his position to publicly insult me some years ago.)

bumpkin 09:13 04 Oct 14

Rumpelteazer/A194, you are correct, it was my error in dating the number plate. I got the prefix and suffix mixed up, apologies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant