Claiming State Pension

Grey Goo 12:29 12 Jan 08

Just before Christmas I received a brochure and letter inviting me to make a claim for my State pension, "you can claim it up to 4 months before it is due" said the blurb.
Ok, great I thought but left it to the New Year to have a go. This morning I rang the number and was connected to the department. After ascertaining my date of birth I was advised to ring back 6 weeks before this date,"As we have been inundated". Ever eager to help I kindly suggested that if they didn't send out all the brochures 4 months in advance perhaps they would not be "inundated".
So I shall wait till my 65th - 6 weeks birthday and try again, hopefully it will not be "ring back 4 weeks before your birthday" that time.

Wilham 19:33 12 Jan 08

"...you can claim it up to 4 months before it is due." is ambiguous to some.

'...you can register for it...' would avoid misunderstanding.

Grey Goo 21:15 12 Jan 08

Actually you cannot register, claim or do anything else until 6 weeks before your birthday.
The official printout says anytime up to 4 months before your 65th birthday (to make a CLAIM), but there seems to be a local disparity in the office that deals with the claims.

Grey Goo 21:21 12 Jan 08

We aint all senile at 65,
read it for yourself.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…