Circulation Ed. Spreading the word-

jack 16:50 11 Dec 09

Whilst in the waiting lounge at Dover Cruise Terminal I came across a large displaystand on which were placed back copies of moroting/Gardening/Ladies/ Magazines and the prvious months Readers Digest- all for free .

A good way to promote circulation perhaps

Curio 17:45 11 Dec 09

You find them in Dentist's Surgery Waiting Rooms and such too!

spuds 19:28 11 Dec 09

"all for free".

We have a chap who runs a market stall offering a good selection of British/American last and this months magazines. Not free though, but just a £1.00 each. 5 for the price of 1 or so :O))

jack 08:04 12 Dec 09

Curio- old maggies in waiting rooms is not what I meant exactly

This display seemed to be 'Commercial' and the journals displayed were 'new' copies with many copies of each title.

dagbladet 08:32 12 Dec 09

We also have a chap at the market that sells off new(old) magazines. They often have this months date but as we all know makes them a couple of months old.

jack

Not sure what you're suggesting fella.

Quickbeam 08:44 12 Dec 09

Do all dentists get a lifetime subscription to the National Geographic when they graduate...?

simonjary 09:23 12 Dec 09

They're probably what's known as "bilk sales".

Some magazine publishers and most newspaper publishers sell large quantities of stock to airports and such like for a nominal fee. These are then given away to passengers, etc, and it's used to reasonably cheaply boost circulation figures for advertising purposes.

simonjary 09:23 12 Dec 09

That would be BULK SALES, nothing to do with Acker Bilk...

jack 09:51 12 Dec 09

I can see now it gets the circulation figures up quite painlessly.
Another mag that I have a gift subscripion to [The Oldie]will from time to time invite readers to submit 10 names to recieve a complimentary copy, more circulation pushing I guess with the odd chance of another subscriber.

spuds 19:14 12 Dec 09

Bilking = Without payment, usually at fuel pumps ;o)

Curio 20:16 12 Dec 09

No offence meant. Just a little jest o:]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac