Christmas is NOW here!

Bob The Nob© 22:34 17 Nov 06

Its now snowing in County Durham! The first of lots this year!
So I can now play christmas songs!

Bob

josie mayhem 22:37 17 Nov 06

I'm gutted no snow here in Somerset!

In fact it's so warm here I've yet to put any heating on.... this is the first night that I've worn a jumper...

Bob The Nob© 22:44 17 Nov 06

This morning I waited for the bus and my finers were turning white. I saw the clouds and thought "Its going to snow soon".Low and behold, SNOW!

Its not lying properly yet butgive it a couple of weeks and we'll be snowed it.

I remember a new years and everyone down south was grubling they were snowed in with a couple of inches of snow, we got 9-10 inches of snow in 3 hours through new-years eve. I plyed in the snow at 6am just before going to bed, I woke up at 11 and it was all gone, I was gutted!

Anyhoo! YAYA Christmas! The flakes are as big as a thumb but getting bigger!

Bob

Forum Editor 22:47 17 Nov 06

simply because it snowed? I'm obviously missing something.

Bob The Nob© 22:57 17 Nov 06

snow = christmas

Well it is in my eyes! The magicalness of snow means chirstmas is drawing closer and so I get really happy but then realise that christmas gets worse every year, the magical just drains away christmas day into a little trickle.

FE, stop taking the fun out of stuff!
Argh! FE sucked out the fun of snow & Christmas. Damn!
Christmas is useless!

Bob

P.S.
I'm not saying it nastily, if I was it would be in CAPS!

rdave13 22:58 17 Nov 06

I hate snow. It's always a danger to every living thing in this country as we are never prepared for it. Snow time brings frost and hardship to many people and I look foreward to the spring weather already. Am I grumpy or what..:)

Bob The Nob© 23:02 17 Nov 06

I love snow in the winter. else christmas isn't the same.

Although its dangerous, its fun!

WhiteTruckMan 23:11 17 Nov 06

in this country. A couple of inches of snow and half the country shuts down with seige mentality setting in. 3 days without rain and we have water shortages, 5 days and we have hosepipe bans. 4 days of sunshine means global warming is going to melt the icecaps and flood us all. An argument in a middle eastern bazaar about the price of bananas puts petrol up 5p/liter because of regional instability and energy costs seem to go up and up, despite wholesale gas prices momentarily dipping so low the producers actually have to pay to get rid of the stuff.

Still, musnt grumble.

WTM

josie mayhem 23:11 17 Nov 06

Might be getting close (depends on age)

But saying that I must be sad or batty or both????

My neighbour gives me a knock if it's snowing when he goes to work??? How sad is that?

Last year I was staying on Dartmoor in march, as we got nearer to where we were staying, the more the snow and the more excited I got....

Me I enjoyed spuddling around in the snow, the small country lanes were great trying to get the car down (no option as the pub we were staying at was in the middle of nowhere and you had to go down very tiny country lanes to get to it) the only time I got concerned was driving through a blizzard....

But to give some idea of my age, I built a snowman on the top of Dartmoor, and sent it to my daughter in work, she was soooo pigsick about it.... she's as bad as me about snow.

Bob The Nob© 23:19 17 Nov 06

"I built a snowman on the top of Dartmoor, and sent it to my daughter in work"
How did you stop it from melting?

I must admit the majoraty of the county does panic about anything.

I love the bllizzards when I'm on the bus, its a good excuste to skive college! (hopefully Dave/Lesley doesn't come here!)

lisa02 23:27 17 Nov 06

It snowed here in Belfast this afternoon but it didn't lay so no snowmen yet. Frost and Ice warnings for tonight for anyone local btw.

As for Xmas I put my tree up for the kids this week as they seen other peoples' and wanted theirs up ;) honest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5