Christmas Fare

laurie53 21:15 18 Dec 06

We've just had our first turkey curry of the current season.

Anyone else this early? (I'm talking cooked and prepared at home, not the seasonal offering from the local store!)

Laurie

had two turkey dinners but not curry yet way ahead of me

Bingalau 21:50 18 Dec 06

I went to three Christmas Parties in Germany last week on a five day trip... No curried turkey yet though. That pleasure is yet to come. ..Bingalau..

bluto1 22:06 18 Dec 06

I`m slavering at the thought!!!

Sapins 22:15 18 Dec 06

I cannot for the life of me understand why some folks have to disguise the taste of delicious meat with an overload of spices. Curry has not and will not enter the cooking in our house.

Festive rant over.

Kate B 22:18 18 Dec 06

The point of the spices was originally to preserve meat in a hot climate. But that aside, curry is delicious. Even better eaten on a beach in India.

Kev.Ifty 23:24 18 Dec 06

How you Christmas cake baking this year?

I love Korma. We usually use chicken breast but a couple of months back Sainsburys had Turkey breast on offer... So we had one about September/Octoberish.

Kev.Ifty 23:27 18 Dec 06

Sorry... To finish. I am looking forward to our Turkey korma about this time next week. :-)

Kev

( not sure why the first post posted?? )

Forum Editor 23:37 18 Dec 06

in Brussels of all places. Does that count?

Apron 06:16 19 Dec 06

FE
Glad you had the sprouts - very traditional.

As you would expect from the name I have been so busy feeding freezers that I have only had little tastes.
I'm afraid I've never understood the celebration turkey. If I am planning a special meal at any other time turkey doesn't enter my head.
Only adults this year, they have asked for goose.
What are you planning?

BT 08:04 19 Dec 06

I like Turkey and I like Curry but to my mind the two just don't go together.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac