Christmas Entertainment

ulrich 10:37 26 Dec 09

Whatever happened to it? Thank goodness I got some good books from the library, and perhaps that's why thousands are flocking to the shops today.

Strawballs 10:42 26 Dec 09

The trouble is that now we have 100's of channels to chose from all year there is nothing new to show. Years ago before Sky and cable you would get the big films that were about 3 or 4 years old and not yet seen on telly and things like Disney time for the kids every bank holiday but now they have the Disney channel all year so it must be difficult to get the Big not seen before programs of old.

Hercule Marple 11:08 26 Dec 09

Poirot wasn't bad.

Strawballs 11:11 26 Dec 09

That was very good. I do like David Suchet as Poirot but I prefer the Ustinov version, we have nearly all the Suchet ones on DVD and we are watching Joan Hickson in The Moving Finger at the moment. She is by far the best Marple.

sunnystaines 11:15 26 Dec 09

the highlight of my xmas tv is the K-1 final tournament on eurosport 23.15 tonight.

but xmas tv gets worse each year, some new films, docs or shows would be handy.

best program xmas day was the royal family 9pm last night very funny but edged a bit too crude at times.

Jim Thing 11:25 26 Dec 09

"Outnumbered." Not to be missed.

Forum Editor 12:16 26 Dec 09

'Outnumbered' is undoubtedly one of the best programmes to come from any channel in a long time. The awards it received recently were well-deserved.

sunnystaines 12:26 26 Dec 09

not seen or heard of "Outnumbered." will make a point of watching tonight.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:37 26 Dec 09

As nothing to watch on TV yesterday,
made our own entertainment with the kids

- suffering from "Wii strain" this morning :0(

Jim Thing 16:29 26 Dec 09

FE:
Agree 100%. The three children are marvellous. It seems they weren't working from scripts but were given an outline of the plot and were then filmed as they improvised around it. The results were spectacularly good.

sunnystaines:
N.B. Not tonight. Tomorrow night.

morddwyd 18:33 26 Dec 09

Had my best entertainment on Christmas Eve, watching two drivers getting heated over a fender bender outside the house!

I thought the driver who got hit was asking for it. I mean, if she's going to drive around in broad daylight in a bright red car and then slow down and stop just because she's come to a major road, what does she expect!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…