Christmas adverts

lisa02 20:46 13 Nov 06

Haven't seen a new CocaCola one for this year, yet, and I hate Shirley Bassey's version of Pink's 'Get The Party Started'.

What's your favourite and worst festive ad?

Tim1964 23:38 14 Nov 06

The Woolies one always told me Christmas was on it's way. The ad used to be the whole lentgh of the commercial break and feature different celebs in it.

Not so good now though.

Strawballs 00:54 15 Nov 06

I think it is about time that Toys R Us retired Jeffry, they must have been using him for coming on close to ten years now.

knockin on 01:06 15 Nov 06

I dislike the Cadbury's creme eggs one most.. you know the one that starts on boxing day and runs until Easter.

€dstowe 06:48 15 Nov 06

The worst one I've seen is the one for Park Hampers advertising their stuff for Christmas 2007.

After the Farepak fiasco, I would have thought that they might be a little more sympathetic to those who might have lost in that and at least waited until this Christmas is over before advertising for the next one.

As for the best ad - there isn't one.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:07 15 Nov 06

Are even more irritating than the adverts the other 6 months of the year.

DANZIG 10:47 15 Nov 06

For some reason this year for the first time, I've found every single Christmas ad' nauseating.

Maybe its an age thing.

Except if you watch kids telly - adverts on that even make ME want the thing they are flogging!

lisa02 10:50 15 Nov 06

Danzig I have heard "I want one of them" about 20 times in ten minutes. I have just warned that if they ask again I'll turn the TV off!

Just wait and see what Santa brings you.

realist 16:51 15 Nov 06

I do like the Boots advert.

If anyone else does and is wondering what the soundtrack is it's "epoca" from the album "La revancha del tango" by Gotan Project.

anskyber 16:58 15 Nov 06

Sorry, but I've got an adversion to ads so my answer is I dislike all of them. I'm not really grumpy, honest.

Bogbrain 20:28 15 Nov 06

It's only the corporate snakes out to get as much of your money as they can. They don't give a s**t about anyone having a happy chritsmas yet people still waste their money on trashy gimmicky stuff just because the adverts make them feel they gotta buy it.It's a fools game if you let it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…