Christina Aguilera fluffs national anthem

peter99co 15:26 07 Feb 11

click here

Can you tell where she goes wrong?

Is this emotional singing?

interzone55 15:35 07 Feb 11

I didn't see this yesterday, and work blocks things like iPlayer & You Tube, so I can't watch it at the moment, but I do know that Christina Aguilera has one of the best voices in pop, so was a good choice.

If she fluffed the words so what, most sports people have trouble miming to the national anthem, never mind singing it to a world wide audience approaching half a billion...

JYPX 16:04 07 Feb 11

I like Christina Aguilera but I didn't like that very much.

Forum Editor 16:10 07 Feb 11

and was astonished by Christina's performance - it was very poor. A simple, tuneful rendering by a singer with a powerful, note-perfect voice would have had far more impact.

uk-wizard 16:15 07 Feb 11

Sound like Rule Britannia by some of the singers on the last night of the proms - unrecognisable.

jakimo 23:39 07 Feb 11

Would be much better without the vocal cord stretching,and the extending warbling,why do the American singers do it

Al94 00:09 08 Feb 11

Truly terrible rendition!

octal 05:50 08 Feb 11

I couldn't watch it all it was an embarrassment, I've never liked Christina Aguilera, this performance has just reinforced my negative view of her. There are far better singers on the X factor.

interzone55 09:13 08 Feb 11

This is the standard way that the US anthem is sung at major sporting events - it seems to demonstrate your deep patriotic feelings and vocal range.

To normal humans it sounds like someone torturing at cat.

btw anyone noticed how Christina's name has been turned into a hyperlink in this thread - click on it and you're sent to Amazon...

peter99co 15:40 08 Feb 11

Because I also thought that but did not like to say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5