Chris Evans' listening figures

Quickbeam 08:42 13 May 10

up 1 million click here

So much for the 'nobody can match our Terry camp' that foretold doom and gloom over the modernisation of BBC breakfast radio...

bremner 08:49 13 May 10

Addfed it to the earlier thread click here

Quickbeam 09:05 13 May 10

You posted while I was composing;)

Covergirl 09:15 13 May 10

Nationally, you've got R1 Moyles against R2 Evans. I've not listened to Evans yet and Moyles has been dumped on my radio in favour of local BBC. I'll have to give him a shot as he was good in Don't Forget Your Toothbrush. Other than that it's R3 classical, R4 News or 5 Live sport on MW.

If you're getting a bit sick of Moyles incessant whining, moaning and "putting the world to rights", Evans is the logical alternative.

egapup 09:28 13 May 10

Talking about radio presenters, is it just me or has anybody else noticed how Steve Wright talks over, sings over and generally ruins every single record he plays, I put radio 4 on now.

spikeychris 09:43 13 May 10

click here

Sometimes you just know when things are good. I said his RAJAR would lift in the above thread and Chris Evans has taken the listenership of the Radio 2 breakfast show to a record nine and a half million people each week, figures released today by RAJAR show.

That is more than a million above Sir Terry Wogan’s peak of 8.4m, achieved as he reached the end of his long tenure at the breakfast programme.

It is also the biggest audience recorded for any radio show since 1999, when RAJAR changed its methodology.

johndrew 09:48 13 May 10

BFBS is now my choice of listening (except this past two weeks with Evans away) until after 09:30.

bremner 10:15 13 May 10

I have been the opposite having switched from radio 2 whilst Graham Norton has been on. I simply cannot stand him on radio or TV.

and egapup I enjoy Steve Wrights show.

Which just goes to show that you can't suit all the people all the time.

Quickbeam 10:29 13 May 10

"Not much choice really, is there?"
Switch to DAB, then you'll have choice.

bremner 10:36 13 May 10

Have recently bought an Internet Radio.

Absolutely brilliant, over 10,000 channels in clear digital. DAB is very hit and miss in my locality

It also has DAB, FM, I can stream from iTunes and plug in my ipod.

QuizMan 10:47 13 May 10

Interesting and surprising maybe. I guess that the increase is net. I would be intereted to learn how many of Sir Terry's so-called TOGs no longer listen (me included) because my assumption is he is attracting a younger audience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos