Chinnese signs translated into amusing english

sunny staines 16:40 30 Nov 07

click here

read and say which one you found the best. I liked "slip and fall down carefully"

lisa02 16:57 30 Nov 07

keep off the grass.

"I like your smile, but unlike you put your shoes on my face"

also

"keep your legs, no running" on the escalator.

wolfie3000 16:59 30 Nov 07

Alot on here too,

click here

Forum Editor 17:06 30 Nov 07

We don't have to bother, of course, because most Chinese business visitors to the UK take the trouble to learn to speak at least some English. Not so the average visitor to China - during the whole time I've been travelling to China on business I've only met two British business travellers who could speak any Chinese. Both of them were young, and had taught themselves, so they had an edge.

That said, some of the signs you see there are amusing. In one hotel I stayed at there was a sign in the room asking me to "Play with yourself quietly after night comes and every person will thank you".

sunny staines 17:10 30 Nov 07

wolfie

good link liked it.

Bingalau 17:31 30 Nov 07

wolfie3000. Will now spend some time studying the site. Thanks. Some of the signs remind me of the instructions we used to get for such things as Tape Recorders way back in the 1960's, when we bought them for items made in China and Japan. We found them very frustrating at the time. I remember thinkng "Why don't they employ a proof reader from the U.K.?"

LABMAN 21:15 02 Dec 07

Reminds of days gone bye when I used to build plastic model kits, mainly Airfix but the occasional Tamiya and some of the far east transalations made absoloutely no sense at all, thank god they usually had fairly clear diagrams to help things along as to what part went were.....

Totally-braindead 21:57 02 Dec 07

I liked " Don't forget to carry your thing".

Good advice there, I'm sure we can all degree. I never leave home without my thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…