for chilli fans

sunnystaines 22:30 04 Aug 10

anyone tried this chilli sauce supposed to be one of the hottest on sale in the uk

click here

apparently tesco sell it

mr simon 23:11 04 Aug 10

The Ghost Pepper, or Bhut Jolokia, causes a sensation that makes people think they are dying. Why would anyone want to eat that?

That said, I believe in trying everything once. I would never buy a bottle of this but if offered the chance to try it, who knows?

sunnystaines 07:36 05 Aug 10

I like chilli hot but not super hot that it spoils food, I was wondering just how hot it was if its next expensive when i next visit tesco might be tempted to try.

hot chilli helps with headpain but i think his might be too far.

Quickbeam 08:03 05 Aug 10

It's worth remembering for any time that you might have an Indian meal in Nottingham, that in Nottingham all the usual meals are about two regulos hotter than the equivalent meals served anywhere else in the country.

SimpleSimon1 09:04 05 Aug 10

Forget the processed chilli sauce. If you're really daft enough to think this is a good idea, go for fresh Bhut Jolokia chilli's, instead!

Personally, I think people would have to be crazy to try these million-Scoville napalm bombs and a quick search on YouTube for "Ghost Chilli" will show you plenty of reasons why.

I like well-spiced asian food but these would appear to be a whole different world of hurt..

J B 09:06 05 Aug 10

That pepper is Hot,Hot,Hot!!! It has a Scoville rating of well over 1,000,000 as opposed to the Jalapeno which has a rating of 2,500 - 8,000.

The Ghost Pepper can also be used in the manufacture of certain weapons. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

J.B.

babybell 09:17 05 Aug 10

There is a well known mobile Mexican food van in Avonmouth that attracts customers from miles around. I once saw a guy order a shredded beef wrap and he was asked what hot sauce he wanted in it, sadly, I cannot remember what it was called, but it was described as 'one of the hottest'.

I watched on in amazement as the chef used a PIPETTE to drop two drops of this hot sauce into this massive portion of beef.

I then stood amazed watching the poor guy trying to eat it with tears running down his face.

Any hot sauce administered through a pipette must be hot, and the guys face seemed to suggest so too!

sunnystaines 09:18 05 Aug 10

I find I am ok with tabasco and carribean hot pepper sauce.

but got defeated a few years back when I chopped up some scotch bonnet fresh chillis and put them in a cheese sandwich.

jakimo 11:33 05 Aug 10

No,not at £7.95 a bottle!

michaelw 12:01 05 Aug 10

In the 70's my advertising dept used to get treated to a vindaloo by a supplier once a week. The thing is you become addicted to the hot spices. It's something to do with the brain releasing endorphines. You can get immune to the heat so we then went for phals which need 24 hours notice. The only drawback was it hurt the next morning. Now that's what makes your eyes water.

Covergirl 12:37 05 Aug 10

click here

Chillifest at Levens Hall, Cumbria (south lake district) 14/15 August.

Bring your own water (yoghurt or whatever does it for you).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…