Chelsea sack Mourinho

techie4me 07:32 20 Sep 07

So has the most hyped manager in English Football got what he deserved?
Or is it the over paid players at fault?
More @ click here

dagbladet 07:41 20 Sep 07

Or has Abramovich "got what he deserved"?

Forum Editor 07:48 20 Sep 07

Tha answer, of course, is that in the modern football industry managers are judged on results - bad results = search for a scapegoat, and the manager stands slap bang in the firing line.

Whether Mourinho deserved to leave Chelsea 'by mutual consent' isn't the point - the point is that the owner, the directors, and the fans have now got a reason to hope for better things from a new manager.

I wouldn't be in his shoes for anything.

newman35 08:09 20 Sep 07

"I wouldn't be in his shoes for anything."

Pardon? He will be doing fine out of it, and presumably he has kept a little of what they've paid him over the years 'for a rainy day'.
How soon will other clubs be after him?
It's a managerial merry-go-round - so please don't let's be thinking he will join any mass unemployed club - he's a celebrity!

anskyber 08:50 20 Sep 07

My reading of the FE's comments is the shoes reference was to the incoming manager.

I think the FE is right. Mourinho, flamboyant, even eccentric at times but his record speaks for itself. Some key players will move on now, Lampard if you recall has not extended his contract.

M will be a loss to the Premiership.

interzone55 08:52 20 Sep 07

I think FE means the pressure of the job, rather than the financial rewards.

But then again, £4m a year is £80k a week, I'd do the job for a couple of weeks until they find out I know nothing about football tactics, then I'd leave by mutual consent.

newman35 09:06 20 Sep 07

Yes, I see what you mean - not a very clear statement by the FE, would have been better to continue the sentence rather than a new paragraph that detached the statement from the '....new manager'.

Si_L 09:34 20 Sep 07

"The answer, of course, is that in the modern football industry managers are judged on results - bad results = search for a scapegoat, and the manager stands slap bang in the firing line."

The thing is, Mourinho's win percentage with Chelsea was just shy of 70% - thats a staggering percentage. He has broken records with them, in his 3 years won the Premiership trophy twice, the league cup twice, and won the community sheild and FA cup.

Chelsea will not find a better manager. Ranieri proved that you cannot get results with just money. There was more behind Chelsea's success than that.

norman47 10:04 20 Sep 07

" I'd do the job for a couple of weeks until they find out I know nothing about football tactics "

That could be the future epitaph of the current England manager.:)

I wonder how many would have him, Jose, as the future England manager?

interzone55 10:42 20 Sep 07

With Jose's track record he will be snapped up by any team that can afford him, and seeing as the FA paid Sven £32k a week for watching Jeremy Kyle & Judge Judy after McLaren took over (and even more for doing the same thing before he was sacked) I'm sure they'd gladly pay Jose £80k or more to get some decent results for once...

TopCat® 10:47 20 Sep 07

Looks like Avram Grant is set to take on the job of manager. TC. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…