Cheese graters and the cleaning of.

rdave13 22:11 12 Apr 14
Answered

Made the fatal mistake of grating cheese using the smallest 'file' side on a four sided cheese grater. Partner went in to a strop as to how 'we' could clean it properly. I suggested 'sand blasting' it but only received a blank, angry, stare.

So the question is, how do you clean a cheese grater, on the finer side, on a four sided cheese grater?

That is without drawing blood and hiring a sand blaster and not buying a new grater.

As the four sided grater is in existence please do no advise to buy a two sided one. That suggestion has already been denied. Too sensible I suppose.

Anyway, if some brave person could give a hint or three I would be most grateful.

Pun?

spider9 22:20 12 Apr 14

Dishwasher?

Brumas 22:24 12 Apr 14

A plastic bristled washing up brush and hot soapy water works just fine.

rdave13 22:28 12 Apr 14

Tried it but the finest side isn't cleaned properly even with the best tablets. The second side isn't cleaned properly either, using a good brand of dishwasher.

Aitchbee 22:30 12 Apr 14

... a hand-held steam cleaner with targeted jet or insert grater into a large steel-pressure-cooker [10 minutes max], should 'shift' that cheese.

rdave13 22:31 12 Apr 14

Just partially removed one of my granddaughter's stickers on the machine and it is a Bosch.

rdave13 22:43 12 Apr 14

Brumas , tried that and ended with a brush without bristles.

Aitchbee, now you're talking technology. Unfortunately don't have a steam cleaner or pressure cooker. Good suggestions though.

Aitchbee 22:55 12 Apr 14

Surprise your partner with a brand new shiny new cheese-grater, explaining that after you had consulted with PC Advisor, that, way was only way forward if cheese gratin' was that so important.

Aitchbee 22:59 12 Apr 14

... and why I am I beginning to feel like an agony aunt, rdave13?

rdave13 23:06 12 Apr 14

Aitchbee, read your last post twice. Finally made sense of it but defeats the object. Sand blasting will cure it but most probably there would be no metal left. Buying a new one is a lazy way out and I wouldn't like to buy a new one every time we have a meal with shredded cheese.

I'm sure Wallace & Gromit can come up with an invention.

I'll email them 8-\

rdave13 23:09 12 Apr 14

... and why I am I beginning to feel like an agony aunt, rdave13?

I don't know. Have a word with your psychiatrist, he might be able to help, or not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…