Charles Kennedy

morddwyd 10:37 02 Jun 15

Never mind the Lib Dems, politics in general can't afford to lose the likes of Kennedy.

A loss to all.

OTT_B 12:12 02 Jun 15

Indeed it is. I was thinking he may have ended up with a peerage, where he could have truly done some good. And yes, I really do believe some politicians (Kennedy included) are in it for the good, not the grub.

oresome 15:17 02 Jun 15

A very able politician who was always worth listening to.

Ungus 15:33 02 Jun 15

Although not from my side of the political divide he was one of a number of Highland radical Liberal politicians that tried to break the establishment. He was honest and stood up against the war in Iraq and was in the end proved right. As the son of a crofting family i know the kind of culture and issues that would have influenced his life and these influences would have made him always stand up for those who were lets say on the margins and those in need of support. He was proud of his heritage and culture and did try to promote and protect it. A thoroughly honest and staunch man who like us all had to battle some of his own demons but his type will be missed.

bretsky 19:13 02 Jun 15

A sad loss, to nicer guy to be a politician.

john bunyan 12:39 07 Jun 15

A pity that a more sympathetic approach was not afforded to him during the election

Abuse

john bunyan 19:48 07 Jun 15

Your obsession with the Mail is worrying. Yes they have an agenda, and no, I do not believe all they say. What about Salmond's remarks - or is the Huffington Post on your hate list? Your link did not work, BTW. The responses to the article are worth a read

Huffington Post

Forum Editor 22:38 07 Jun 15

spider9 A good man has died, you decide to turn a tribute to him him into a bickering session about a newspaper story.

For goodness sake, give it a rest. I'm sure I can't be the only one who is a tad fed up with your apparent need to bang on about how wonderful the SNP is, and how awful English journalists are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes