Chaos at the Chateau

Graham. 11:39 20 Apr 07

click here

Surely this can't be real? If it is, it is very funny. If it isn't, it's still very funny.

Graham. 11:42 20 Apr 07
  Sapins 11:50 20 Apr 07

Last nights episode was the worst yet, I think we are meant to take it seriously! but how can anyone take this absolute rubbish seriously. Whatever they paid the actor participants it was too much. I find it very hard to believe that Channel 4 are that hard up for programmes.

Funny it is definitely not. A waste of money it definitely is.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:26 20 Apr 07

Anyone stupid enough to believe this half-baked tosh really needs a reality check. It is obviously scripted and has the worst acting I have ever seen. The owners might be real but they are hamming it up big time and poorly.

G

Graham. 12:33 20 Apr 07

I think it started out real, but took on a whole new life of it's own.

Trademark 12:39 20 Apr 07

More crap from Channel 4, no surprise their then.

Colin 12:49 20 Apr 07

I watched it when it was on the first time on some satellite channel, maybe UK Living. After the second episode, it was clear that the 2 people were either idiots or actors.

johndrew 12:50 20 Apr 07

The `actors` may genuinely own the business, but the type of business and location are rather strange; there can be little call for that class of establishment in a village. Perhaps they intended to raise the standards locally (who knows).

As for the staff, their relationships with the owners and each other, they appear as a recipe for disaster let alone the pretentious names provided for some of the food. Certainly Fawlty Towers has the edge here.

Can there be any hope the place is capable of making a profit when run in the manner it is? I fear not.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:18 20 Apr 07

You have to realise that the company making this rubbish is called 'Tiger Aspect' who made the equally badly scripted 'Nigels Place' about a bloke and his Indian friend buying a house in France. The bloke happened to be a director of Tiger Aspect and that show was scripted from beginning to end. It really annoys me when witless companies try to mix documentary fact with a script. A good documentary does not need a script and Channel4 should boot Tiger Aspect out.

G

interzone55 14:20 20 Apr 07

This sort of thing, if it's genuine, is much like property ladder & grand designs. People who decide they can make tons of money doing something, then realise they haven't got the skills/ aptitude / money to pull it off.

Graham. 18:03 26 Apr 07

It's on at 8:30, Channel 4. Don't miss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos