CH 5 News led with Cricket, BBC-Murder

Z1100 12:08 16 Dec 06

Last night I tuned in to CH 5 News and their lead story was Cricket. I was disgusted. Notwithstanding the other channels leading with the recent murders surely CH 5 could have chosen a better lead story than Cricket, couldn't they?

Hanx!
K.

spuds 12:25 16 Dec 06

The problem is, trying to find a suitable lead story to reach all tastes and all audiences. Some people adapt their lives, that 'sad' stories or events are not what they want to tune into all or anytime. Selfish perhaps to some people, but normal thinking to others.

Over a period of a week, I would suspect that most media avenues, have complaints about the way that they have tackled something or another.So on a big market place or playing field, you will never please everyone.

Forum Editor 10:09 17 Dec 06

even if it is important. Other, more current stories come along, and to millions of people the test series in Australia is extremely important.

As spuds says, lots of people don't want to see the same story at the top of the news, day in and day out - they get news fatigue, and they'll switch off.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:46 17 Dec 06

Not wishing to be blunt and cold but to many people the Test Match is of much more importance than murders many miles away. To many people news only affects them if it involves them which it rarely does.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…