cellotape

chass 16:09 14 Apr 08

advice required on how to remove residue of a sticky stripe left on my caravan awning plastic windows after removing the cellotape?

alB 16:13 14 Apr 08

White spirit might do the trick but I wouldn't rub too hard just in case you scratch the plastic ...alB

Coffee Adict 16:16 14 Apr 08

Get a product called Sticky Stuff Remover, its a natural product and works very well, I think Lakeland Plastics sell it, but a good hardware store should as well.

mark2 16:17 14 Apr 08

I've found WD40 to be very good at removing the glue residue from the body work of vehicles, not sure of the effect it will have on plastic windows though, perhaps try on a small area 1st.

donki 16:46 14 Apr 08

The tar remover you get for cars, it will take anything off and isn't abbrasive.

This forum really does get used for anything!! :S

Bingalau 16:51 14 Apr 08

Yes we had a thread not long ago about the merits of WD40. It seems you can do anything with it except drink it.

donki 16:54 14 Apr 08

Im sure some hoody, somewhere has tried that too!

peg 17:06 14 Apr 08

methylated spirit should do it then wash with soapy water

Diemmess 17:13 14 Apr 08

As several have hinted there is a risk to the awning windows. Some solvents will tend to make them brittle.
WD 40 will do the job with patience and in my experience leave most plastics unharmed.

interzone55 17:23 14 Apr 08

I usually use a bit a talc to take the stickiness away, then wash it off with soap & water.

Grey Goo 17:27 14 Apr 08

You get a very pure petroleum spirit in tins of lighter fluid. Will not leave greasy residues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…