Cell phone tax helps US cities

TOPCAT® 20:18 14 May 05

Oh dear, they say that quite a few of the changes affecting US citizens eventually make it over here, so I suppose this way of gathering additional revenue for the authorities could soon be with us. I hope the illustrious Mr Brown and company never get to see this! TC.

click here

sidecar sid 20:26 14 May 05

I have often thought the main aim of government is to think up new and innovative ways to relieve (tax) us of money, I’m only surprised the Americans thought of it first.

TOPCAT® 20:49 14 May 05

a tax on PCs with TV cards installed is/could be on the way. Just like currently purchasing a new TV set, consumer details will be recorded and passed to the appropriate licensing authority.

Pay to view perhaps? TC.

sidecar sid 21:28 14 May 05

If you have a PC with a TV card fitted you have to have a TV licence.

click here

wiz-king 06:30 15 May 05

in public spaces. I hate it when I hear one side of a coversation shouted up someones sleeve as they are walking down the road, its as impolite as eating in the street. -- it must be my age.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…