the cat from hell

sunnystaines 09:50 20 Aug 10

click here

how far would your patience have gone, I would have taken it back to BDH and informed them of the problems.

HondaMan 10:09 20 Aug 10

I found this in my vets surgery some while back. It's called "How to give your cat a pill"

1. Pick cat up and cradle in crook of left arm as if holding a baby.
Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand.
As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding hind paws tightly with left hand.
Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger.

3. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe.
Call spouse from garden.

4. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with its head just visible from below spouse's armpit.
Put pill in end of drinking straw, force cat's mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

5. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away.
Apply sticking plaster to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet.

6. Retrieve cat from neighbour's shed. Get another pill.
Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing.
Force mouth open with desert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.

7. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges.
Apply cold compress to cheek and check medical records for date of last tetanus shot.

8. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across road.
Apologise to neighbour who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat.
Take last pill from foil wrap.

9. Tie cat's front paws to hind paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table.
Fetch heavy pruning gloves from shed.
Force cat's mouth open with small spanner.
Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak.

10. Get spouse to drive you to hospital, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye.
Stop by at furniture shop on way home to order new table.

11. Arrange for vet to make house call.

carver 10:20 20 Aug 10

Nice one, we have 2 cats, brother and sister, male cat just sits there and takes the pill, female cat comes into above posting.

Chegs ®™ 13:35 20 Aug 10

I too have tried several methods to get a cat to take a pill,most successful isn't in the above list...

crush pill and sprinkle over tinned food

as trying variations of the above list resulted in cat claws needing removed from my skin.

Pineman100 16:11 20 Aug 10

By contrast, how to give a dog a pill:

1. Press the pill into a piece of cheese and throw it into the air.

BT 17:14 20 Aug 10

Recently got a cat from RSPCA.
Today was first time to apply flea treatment.

Instructions say apply to back of neck between shoulder blades.

Yeh Right!
Said cat doesn't like being picked up so wife is feeding treats while I'm trying to part fur and apply drops. Got most of it in place plus on me as well.
Go and wash my hands

Come back and cat is sitting there looking daggers at me and the Boss. All of a sudden takes a flying dash to litter tray and sits there drooling.

The Boss is then trying to wipe the drool from his chin with a tissue and cat is not cooperating.

Cat then proceeds to ignore us completely for next 3 hours.

AND I'VE GOT TO DO THIS EVERY MONTH?

wiz-king 18:03 20 Aug 10

No, just do it when you need to. How often you need to treat for fleas depends on your cat (the company he keeps). Our stable cats who roam for about 1/2 a mile round our stable and meet foxes, deer badgers and other mogs very rarely have fleas. I don't remember needing to treat them for several years now.

Pineman100 19:00 20 Aug 10

I'm sure wiz-king does what's right for his circumstances, but having once experienced an infestation by animal fleas in my house, I would say - don't take any chances!

The hassle of applying the Frontline (or whatever it is) to the cat is *nothing* compared with the hassle of getting rid of fleas from your home.

dms_05 10:25 21 Aug 10

After having pedigree cats some years ago we learned that you:

1. Need two people
2. Hold the cat but not on it's back
3. Place tea towel around the cat like a barber does then pull tight to restrict front legs.
4. Second person gently open the cats mouth and drop in the tablet. Then hold the mouth shut. After a short interval the cat will lick it's nose - this is when it the tablet is swallowed.

jakimo 13:34 22 Aug 10

its been a battle of wits on how to make cat swallow the pill until I discovered that a syringe filled with water and squirted into mouth forced her to swallow.

sunnystaines 13:47 22 Aug 10

first pick up the cat then wrap one in raw liver cats cannot resist it, once in its mouth hold mouth shut and rub the throat to make it swallow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced