Cassey Stoner to retire!

Strawballs 13:29 18 May 12

Now I did not see that coming!!

Stoner to retire

Strawballs 13:30 18 May 12

Can FE move this please? I was sure I was in Speakers Corner sorry.

Forum Editor 18:53 18 May 12

It's done.

canarieslover 19:39 18 May 12

Better to get out now if he has lost the love for it. Shame though because he is such a good rider.

Aitchbee 20:13 18 May 12

To be honest I only caught a glimpse of him down the pub about a year ago when the big screen was showing a motorbike race...but it was very exciting ... Stoner was in it.

Aitchbee 20:15 18 May 12

...he was in the race! (not the pub)

Strawballs 20:46 18 May 12

I was wondering if it has something to do with the fact that he is a fairly new father and there has been 3 deaths in motorcycle world in the last few years. But it will be a loss to the Moto GP scene.

morddwyd 20:52 18 May 12

Never one of my favourites, though can't deny his talent.

Right decision if he's lost the love of it.

Once that's gone you lack that final killer edge of commitment, and that's dangerous at those sort of speeds in that sort of company.

Still a hell of a shock though.

Thought Valentino would be the next to go!

Strawballs 21:31 18 May 12

I must be in the minority because I have always liked him. He is the only one who has been able to get the Ducati to do anything.

morddwyd 22:27 18 May 12

"I must be in the minority because I have always liked him."

Don't think so, he is very popular.

I think I'm in the minority, not you"

Snec 22:45 18 May 12

You know, I really can't see this happening........ yes he will 'retire' but I bet he will be back maybe after one year, certainly no longer than two.

He's a bit jaded at the minute and fed up with things that are too involved to go into here but I do know that when racing is in your blood you don't retire at the age he is. No way -- two years max, any takers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac