In case you are interested and need reminding!

Noels 15:01 22 Apr 08

Tomorrow is St.George's Day and the anniversary of Shakespear's birthday.
If the Scots, Welsh and Irish can celebrate their Saints why can't we.
Please don't say so what!
Regards
Noels

peter99co 15:04 22 Apr 08

Thank you for reminding me it is also my friends birthday as well. He always flies a flag and wears a red rose in his lapel.

peter99co 15:05 22 Apr 08

He was very annoyed when Labour took the Rose as a symbol!

Stuartli 15:22 22 Apr 08

My Conservative club has had all the interior flags, bunting etc up since the weekend..:-)

Stuartli 15:23 22 Apr 08

St Patrick's Day is fully celebrated as well.

anchor 15:48 22 Apr 08

Thanks for the reminder. Some of you may recall the web page I made last year for St. George`s day.

click here

€dstowe 15:54 22 Apr 08

A local ladies hairdresser's is bedecked with the flag of St George and various other paraphernalia but that's the only sign I've seen around here of any celebratory happenings.

I was in the City of London on St Patrick's day and the amount of shamrock and greenery displayed there was almost unbelievable - as were the number of drunks reeling about at half past nine in the morning.

Cymro. 16:05 22 Apr 08

I suppose you all realize that St. George is only a mythical character and that there is no proof that he ever actually existed.

Rather typical of a Conservative Club to make a big fuzz of it all though. I suppose they go in for mythical characters even more then the other political parties.

I don`t mint someone celebrating it though, whatever turns you on etc.

Grey Goo 16:13 22 Apr 08

Quite a CV mythical or not.

click here

Not so long ago before we all got diversified the day was celebrated widely by the English.

Bingalau 16:17 22 Apr 08

Yes I've got my red rose ready to wear, I've got my England rugby flags ready to stick out of the car windows. And a larger one for the end of the garden. Just to annoy the Scottish couple over the road. (Joking, we are good friends).

Cymro. 16:20 22 Apr 08

I don`t think you would do that around where I live. Mind you there are places in England where such behaviour would not be recommended these days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…