cardiff by night

sunnystaines 19:32 15 May 09

click here

the pictures tell it all

Forum Editor 19:45 15 May 09

if I should feel regret that I haven't invested in the fast food industry, or disgust that the people pictured come from the land of my fathers.

Our society has a great deal to answer for in terms of the way that we view excessive alcohol consumption. If we brought up our children to have a little more respect for themselves and the society they are part of we might see less of this kind of thing. Young people have overdone it with alcohol for ages - flirting with excess is a natural part of the growing up process - but not to such an extent, and with such apparent unconcern.

TonyV 20:12 15 May 09

Heaven help us!!

TonyV

birdface 20:15 15 May 09

I think sunnystaines has been on the extra strong stuff to-night.3 posts all the same.

AL47 20:26 15 May 09

looks like a good time too me :D

laurie53 20:40 15 May 09

Like my Dad, a Cardiff boy born and bred.

I'm glad he's no longer around to see it, and now not quite so sorry that I haven't been back in twenty years.

No worse, I've no doubt, than a hundred other city centres, but it grieves you when it's your own.

caccy 20:48 15 May 09

SAD!!

oresome 21:43 15 May 09

It's not only the city centres.

I live adjacent to open countryside and the nearby woods and approaches are littered with hundreds of empty alcohol cans and other packaging left there by youngsters that often camp out overnight.

The local school's surrounding areas aren't much better, but litter there consists more of soft drink and crisp packaging.

The parents meanwhile dump garden refuse and old domestic appliances, while small traders dump their trade waste, empty cooking oil containers etc...........probably the same traders that supply much of the fast food to the kids.

Domestic waste can be picked up by the council for free and there is a disposal site within 2 miles.

ky72 22:53 15 May 09

Couple of things id like too add:

Photo 6 The guys has some word accross his shirt & to add to that should be "He hasnt any"

photo 10 the woman looks more of a man are we sure its a female.?

Photo 11 the two girls in the bus stop, this is something i never had understood, why do they wear such provocative clothing & knowing they will suffer later they STILL wear it.? although id still look at them i would MUCH more prefair a woman like these two dressed in a classy suit or clothing rather than this multi coloured nightmare!

photo 12 is there any point.? this guys surely can see its NEVER going too happen.?

User-1229748 22:59 15 May 09

yep that could have been any town or city in the british isles :o(

crosstrainer 09:19 16 May 09

Good job you picked that one up! Might just save me some flack :))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos