On Carbon Footprints...

Quickbeam 22:06 08 Aug 07

click here
I think this one is a carbon pollution trail;)

I wouldn't fancy running a marathon in this smog...

Forum Editor 23:30 08 Aug 07

between now and next August to ensure that the pollution in Beijing is drastically reduced. We're talking about a Communist state here, and what the Central Committee wants the Central Committee gets.

They will stop all major construction projects that aren't directly connected to the games, and they'll continue to move industrial processing plants from within the city. I've been to Beijing fairly recently, and the signs of major activity are only too evident - this is China's first big chance on the world stage, and they are not about to blow it.

The manager of the hotel where I stay told me the opening ceremony is going to be the most spectacular ever staged, and in the land that invented fireworks that means it will be something to behold. They are spending billions on this event, and they aren't going to let something like a bit of air pollution stand in their way. Mind you, they've got their work cut out - the atmosphere in the city centre is horrendous, on a bad day it makes your eyes sting if you're in the open for any length of time.

oresome 12:05 09 Aug 07

A bit counterproductive if they first clean up the air then let off a load of fireworks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced