car tax exemption

mkennyd 15:54 05 Sep 08

Can anyone help, iv'e just bought a car, bargain, problem is it had no tax because he was exempt using disability living allowance, how do i get a new tax disc as i wont get a reminder from DVLA , i have insurance, MOT certificates, plus the paperwork of the car.
Anyone help.
Thanks
Mike

beeuuem 16:01 05 Sep 08

Go to a post office?

carver 16:04 05 Sep 08

Don't drive it on the road, you will have to get a new tax disc by taking all the documents to a DVLA center or apply for one on-line click here

if you get caught driving without a tax disc you could find that your insurance is invalid.

Once you have applied for one on-line and paid for it then in theory your car is covered to be driven on the road.

bjh 16:06 05 Sep 08

Or, since you obviously have a computer, try

click here

Direct link to Government Car Tax portal

carver 16:08 05 Sep 08

click here

Try this link, last one doesn't appear to work.

mkennyd 16:16 05 Sep 08

carver
Thanks for that, just thought it would have been more complicated as it was taxed for a disabled driver, apparently not.
Many Thanks.
Mike

interzone55 16:31 05 Sep 08

I don't know about the current procedures, but in the days before the Internet my sister once bought an ex-motobility car and she had to go to a DVLA office to get it taxed, it couldn't be handled at a post office...

WhiteTruckMan 17:08 05 Sep 08

for the dvla? It should be a case of here's the log book, mot, insurance and some money. please give me a tax disc.

Anything else is just (our) money wasted on needless beaurocracy.

WTM

mkennyd 17:39 05 Sep 08

alun14
Exactly why i was concerned, i didn't think it was as simple as just going to a Post Office with paperwork.
Still not sure how to go about it.
Mike.

WhiteTruckMan 17:41 05 Sep 08

and you are applying for a standard rate disc without any form of reduction then it SHOULD be that simple.

WTM

mkennyd 17:53 05 Sep 08

whitetruckman.
I know what your saying. To much beaucracy (can't spell it) rubbish, Anyway will give it a go at the P Office.
Thanks all the same for your input.
Cheers
Mike.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…