car hpi check

citadel 18:21 08 Oct 09

fancied a car from a private seller, did hpi check and found it had red finance mark.
it said in 2004 a personal loan had outstanding finance but the company had no claim or interest in the vehicle, whats this all about, seems its some sort of gov scheme but it put me off buying.

spuds 22:54 08 Oct 09

Its nothing to do with any government scheme, but a personal arrangement between a loan company and possibly the vehicle owner. You had done the right decision by not purchasing, because these sort of things can come back to haunt you at a least unexpected time.

When the Ford Cortina MK5 was in production, I purchased one of these, that was 6 months old from a company "that was changing its fleet, for another make". Well satisfied with the vehicle, but just over two and a half years down the line, I received a visit from an investigator from a well known lease company. Apparently this vehicle including all the others on offer, plus a host of other equipment were all leased items, and not the sellers property (the company director's did a runner). In the end it all turned out fine for me ( I could have lost the vehicle and all the money that I had paid), because I re-purchased the vehicle from the lease company for a 'nominal amount' on paper that is!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…