Cancel plans for the weekend and beyond..............

gengiscant 08:18 AM 21 Oct 11

or not?

I see that nutter in America is at it again. Worlds end Would save me a trail round the shops with the better half for something than could be bought in the first shop,but no lets go to every other shop and then come back and buy the one in the first shop.

badgery 08:30 AM 21 Oct 11

This was published in May, the date being talked about has already come and gone (21st May 2011)!

Wake up at the back there... (;-)

gengiscant 08:50 AM 21 Oct 11

Sorry wrong link, let's see you make jokes later Badgery LOL. Also it must be true it has been on BBC Breakfast news this morning and I am sure we are in October and not May.

End of world.

daz60 08:56 AM 21 Oct 11

Either he is a bad prophet or his god is an inveterate liar.!!!

badgery 08:57 AM 21 Oct 11

From your links (both of them)

"Published on Friday 20 May 2011 15:24 "

??

Mr Mistoffelees 09:32 AM 21 Oct 11

The world has already ended and we are now in an endless loop of post-apocalyptic lunacy.

Kevscar1 09:33 AM 21 Oct 11

Everybody knows it's dec 22nd the mayans said so.

interzone55 10:41 AM 21 Oct 11

badgery

It's from Fox News, not the most reliable source, but it does confirm that Harold Camping has changed his mind about the date of the Apocalypse yet again, this time he's admitted that his calculation was 5 months out

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/10/20/why-world-will-end-again-on-friday/

badgery 10:51 AM 21 Oct 11

alan14

Thanks, always amuses me that these 'end-of-world prophets' cannot see the idiocy of these predictions. Only two things can happen:-

1. The 'end' doesn't happen - and they look foolish.

2. The 'end' does happen - and it doesn't matter as there's no one here to say "I told you it would".

A lose-lose situation if ever I saw one!

Cymro. 12:56 PM 21 Oct 11

I wonder what sort of excuse these people give when they are proved to be wrong.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:00 PM 21 Oct 11

"I wonder what sort of excuse these people give when they are proved to be wrong."

Oops! Better luck next time.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites