can retailers get away with charging high amounts

finerty 13:16 09 Jan 11

click here

If they cant take someone accused of shoplifting to court. I cant see how they can overcharge for something worth £10.00

onthelimit 13:20 09 Jan 11

If the police decided that his explanation, backed up by CCTV, warranted no further action, then I hope he will tell the RLP where to get off!

finerty 13:20 09 Jan 11

is it because the retailers are using a third party to recover civil losses

peter99co 13:24 09 Jan 11

I only ever take a package through the till that is sealed. If I need to see the contents I get them to open and reseal it.

I cannot understand why shoppers take things out of the box while in the shop. They often do not replace all the contents and unless the box on the shelf is sealed it stays there.

It must cost shops £1000's of pounds when shoppers damage goods in this way. They have every right to pass it on to us.

finerty 13:28 09 Jan 11

This has giving me an idea peter99co, i think all retailers should have at least one product of the stock they have on display so that consumers don't have to open boxes to look inside

peter99co 13:53 09 Jan 11

to open boxes. Some shopper will soon do that.

It is when you get a box that has been opened and get home to find a vital part is missing the trouble starts. Not just shops have problems like that.

Think of a Car/Caravan Dealer who has to take bits off a Car/Caravan to stop light fingered customers taking free spare parts.

spuds 18:15 09 Jan 11

Here we have a typical example of a person who is tired, stressed out, because of a work pattern and having his children around him, yet instead of going to bed, he wants to watch football on the television.

One thing that annoys me, is seeing someone allow their children or themselves to sample produce as they go around stores, and then perhaps dumped the evidence before they reach the checkout.

A couple of years ago, I was approaching a checkout, and just joined the queue, when I noticed the person in front dump some chocolate wrappers into my trolley. It was obvious that they thought that I had not noticed, but I had. It was even more surprising, when I put the empty wrappers on the conveyor belt, explaining to the checkout girl that the person in front had just dumped them in my trolley. Apparently this is "happening all the time". Red faced the person in front paid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…