Can PCA delay users creating multiple threads?

lisa02 08:52 31 Oct 06

To stop idiot hijackers and spammers creating threads in all forums?

Say 60, 120 or 180 mins between being allowed to start a new thread after new thread.

namtas 09:20 31 Oct 06

Good to see you are thinking of the forum well being but is hijackers such a problem at present? I think your solution whilst workable would spoil rather than enhance at present.

Pesala 09:27 31 Oct 06

Good grief. I hope that you meant 60 seconds, but even that is way too long for most of us. This forum doesn't seem to have a problem with spam or cross-posting (he says after just posting the same thread in two forums).

What would be good is an option to delete posts made in error, and a 5 minute time limit for editing posts.

anskyber 09:29 31 Oct 06

It seems to happen (spamming) about weekly. Multiple threads from people who need help, well thats OK by me provided obviously its not the same thread under different forum headings.

anskyber 09:30 31 Oct 06

Hi, my comment re duplicate threads was not directed at you!

ezypcy 11:20 31 Oct 06

lisa02 ,what you are hi-lighting really is that when
the censor is not on-line then there is no one else
with editing control of this forum.

As no one can really stop spammers etc. the obvious
solution is to have more than one lonely editor.

Can't ever see it happening.Can you?

anskyber 11:24 31 Oct 06

Try posting this on the threads click here I am joking.

hijo 12:22 31 Oct 06

ANSKEYBER i liked the spam looooooooooooool

Forum Editor 18:57 31 Oct 06

but we can't stop them posting the same thread in different forums. We wouldn't want to do that really, because sometimes people post in the wrong forum in error, and then post again in another forum area. We would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

I don't think these occasional advertising/spam threads are that much of a problem - we usually get rid of them fairly quickly.

lisa02 19:17 31 Oct 06

ok then, just an idea.

Forum Editor 19:38 31 Oct 06

Just not really practical in our set of circumstances, that's all. Don't let it stop you making suggestions in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…