Can Anyone Identify This Flower Please?

Mr Mistoffelees 11:55 08 Aug 14
Answered

Does anyone here have an idea what this flower might be? It is growing in West Somerset, north-east of Wellington, at the side of the road, a very narrow lane in a shallow cutting. The flowers are about the size of a thumbnail and the biggest leaves around 1.5 inches long. Photobucket. The photos were taken this morning.

Aitchbee 12:14 08 Aug 14

Looks a bit like a Poached-Egg Plant.

BRYNIT 12:20 08 Aug 14

Looks like Antirrhinum known as snapdragon CLICK HERE

BT 12:24 08 Aug 14

Looks a bit like a Poached-Egg Plant.

Wrong shaped flower Poached Egg Plant

Looks more like a yellow Snapdragon to me

1]: [click here

Aitchbee 12:29 08 Aug 14

BT - I immediately realised I was wrong when I enlarged the thumbnails ... doh!

Mr Mistoffelees 12:49 08 Aug 14

Thank-you all, certainly looks like it is an Antirrhinum, although identifying which one is another matter.

sunnypete 14:41 08 Aug 14

Shall have to go and see, what road are we on?

Mr Mistoffelees 16:04 08 Aug 14

Lazarus The 2nd, had a good look at your pictures and mine and in no doubt you are right, tick moved.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:08 08 Aug 14

sunnypete, approximately where the arrow is on this map, on the north side of the road.

sunnypete 17:36 08 Aug 14

Mr M. As your enquiry has been resolved I shan't get the car out,(till we visit the golf club for lunch)...

Mr Mistoffelees 17:47 08 Aug 14

sunnypete, our bungalow looks out over the golf club, it's a nice place to be and very quiet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…