Cameron Milliband debate

Al94 22:03 26 Mar 15

I have reservations about Cameron but seriously, how could any sane person think that Milliband could be anything other than an unmitigated disaster for UK. He comes across as a complete muppet and simply does not connect with the audience.

hzhzhzhz 01:01 27 Mar 15

"how could any sane person think that Milliband could be anything other than an unmitigated disaster for UK. He comes across as a complete muppet and simply does not connect with the audience."

I agree.
  Al94 12:37 27 Mar 15

I agree it was a damp squib - nothing more than a fairly typical Paxman interview with public questions which I suspect were far from "off the cuff"

I do however think that Paxman treated them both equitably and although Cameron didn't perform well at times, at least he didn't come over like a bit of a joke and really rather strange. Hell yes

Forum Editor 16:43 27 Mar 15

Are we looking for a man of the people to lead our next government, or do we want someone who inspires us with hope for the future - someone who develops policies which sound as though they might work to the benefit of us all?

We might do a lot better if we elect our government based on manifesto, rather than go for government by sound-bite obsessed men and women of the people.

We're turning into a nation of Tweeters and Face-book junkies - it's time to start thinking for ourselves, and making judgements based on something more than whether someone looks right in a TV close-up.

Aitchbee 21:32 27 Mar 15

Off subject slightly but a fortnight ago I recieved a nice official lookin' letter which was inside an official 'House of Commons' vanilla-coloured-envelope [ with portcullis logo] from my local Labour MP Tom Harris. It was a personally signed invitation to attend a coffee morning for local people to discuss the reductions and unreliability of buses serving the local area [namely Castlemilk] which is on the southside of Glasgow. Other important issues were discussed.

It seems [to me] that Labour [in Scotland] are trying, at the eleventh hour, to 'woo' ex-Labour voters [who now vote SNP], back to 'the fold'.

The new Labour Leader in Scotland - Jim Murphy [ he looks like a young Lee Van Cleef] must be behind these practical-problem-solving-initiatives, I reckon.

The TV debates do not interest me much.

Aitchbee 21:59 27 Mar 15

spider9 - I used to buy The Sunday Post 'til I discovered that The Broons were staunch Tory voters ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…