Call to simplify benefits claims

Autoschediastic 13:56 03 Aug 09

& about time too!! It take WAY too long & there's way too much paperwork
Why on earth mulitple agencies are needed is beyond me! & it will save milliions of pounds to!

click here

Clapton is God 14:07 03 Aug 09

"Call to simplify benefits claims"

What a damn shame.

In reality that should be "call to make it even more difficult to claim benefits, in the hope that some of these wasters will actually look and apply for a job".

Autoschediastic 14:12 03 Aug 09

Clapton is God This also relates to TAX CREDITS so you have too be working to claim them So im not sure what to make of comments above.?? (Chuckles)

Clapton is God 14:20 03 Aug 09

Tax credits aren't a 'benefit'.

They're a tax enhancement - as the name suggests. A completely different beast.

(Chuckles even louder)

Pine Man 14:34 03 Aug 09

I have a niece in her twenties. Nothing at all wrong with her (that a kick up the a... wouldn't cure) but she hasn't done a days work in her life. Benefits are her right, she asserts, because she can't find the sort of job she wants. Her (single) mum decided to give up her full time job and go straight on benefits to spend more 'quality time' with her daughter.

It's all to easy.

laurie53 20:44 03 Aug 09

"call to make it even more difficult to claim benefits, in the hope that some of these wasters will actually look and apply for a job".

Not all benefit claimants are wasters.

We recently applied for a grant to lower the step to the shower to make it easier for my disabled wife to get in and out.

We were told we would have to give up some of our other benefits to get the grant.

Not only our state pensions, but also the war disability pension I get from the MoD.

Quite why I should give up a pension awarded for my own disability in order to ease my wife's disability problems was never really made clear!

Perhaps the new system will make it easier for me to understand.

AL47 20:52 03 Aug 09

ihave no issue with diability benifits, i wouldnt give my mobility up for anything,

its the louts i hate, i wont say anymore cause i know what ill say!

whole system needs a complete overhaul, id do it if i was incharge!and it would be serious!

lost job, ok
diability, ok
lazyiness, an ever decreasing amount of money until you only get food and heating vouchers, no tv or nice fast internet etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…