Call of Duty 3

ulrich 19:47 10 Nov 06

I have been a Call of Duty fan from the beginning, but now CoD3 comes out and not for PCs.
Does anybody know why? It was my Xmas pressie.
My son has every console, but I refuse to play on such things. So have I missed it but why not a PC game?

wolfie3000 20:01 10 Nov 06

There seems to be alot of games that started out on pc,s being made only for consoles now,

I guess its because there is a console war brewing in the run up to xmas so they will want all of the major titles on them.

It is a shame that they are releasing them only on consoles :(

Halowars is another.

citadel 20:23 10 Nov 06

it will probably come out on pc later.

rodriguez 23:59 10 Nov 06

I agree with citadel, they're usually out on PC eventually - they don't even need to convert all the files they just use the origials alongside a PC application that can use them. If you look at the PS2 files on the GTA games (gta3.img and the txd files), you'll see they're same as the PC version. A lot of games now use the same files on PC as the console versions because it's easier, cheaper and quicker to port them to PC. You'll find that a PC version will come out as it's easy for them to do and they'll make more money from it. There's no reason for them to restrict it to console as a lot of PC gamers don't have consoles so it will cost them if it doesn't come to PC.

I feel exactly the same...FPS games just aren't the same on a console :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…