Call centre pest calls

007al 12:52 03 Jan 06

Im getting really fed up with the amount of times my phone rings each day (and night)from call centres with no one on the other end!I know the numbers are automatically dialed,and if they`re busy,there is no one at their end to man the call.I would rather not get any `pest` calls at all,but the silent ones are worse!I have just had three in the last ten minutes!

rmcqua 13:10 03 Jan 06

My Mother in Law, who knows everything (and who I have just endured over Christmas, tells me that she registered with someone/somehow, by mail, to stop receiving such calls and apparently it has worked! Maybe some other forum member knows how to do this. If not, I'll ask her.

The Ghost of Inept Pig 13:14 03 Jan 06

Register with click here and you shouldn't receive anywhere near as many.

SG Atlantis® 13:19 03 Jan 06

I registered with that, it works. Takes a bit to become effective but it does work.

pauldonovan 13:22 03 Jan 06

but not everyone subscribes to it. I get lots of these at work only they aren't 'silent' it sounds like a busy office. I believe there are steps being taken to set targets which they have to hit i.e. only 1% of calls are silent etc. but again that depends on industry conforming.

This might also help:

click here

(page 5).

007al 14:13 03 Jan 06

Thanks for that,its done!

anchor 15:33 04 Jan 06

The link given by "The Ghost of Inept Pig" does work, (at least it does for me).

I registered my phone number about a year ago, and we get no more than one cold call every two months.

GroupFC 22:06 04 Jan 06

Funnily enough I am becoming increasingly cheesed off with all these cold calls. I have just had the third call in about a week from Sky despite the very short shrift I gave the first caller!

I have just registered with the TPS ( and for good measure with the MPS as well!), so I hope it does work!

octal 22:13 04 Jan 06

I can confirm it does work. Both on my phone and my mum's, all cold calls have stopped, apart from the ones from the US that start with a recorded voice!

Zaphod 3 22:58 04 Jan 06

If you sign up with BT privacy you will also get caller line identification as well if your phone supports it.

click here

Belatucadrus 11:16 05 Jan 06

We were getting calls from Indian callcentres that bypass TPS, but the last one we had I politely told them we were registered with TPS and that we didn't accept cold sales calls. I've not had any calls from India since.

Now to kill off those over happy US call bots.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5